This blog includes reflections, creative work and resources. It is a glimpse of one person's journey within the realm of inquiry, experience with the human body and spirit. Look for ideas rather than answers. No claims are made. Perfection is not implied. I write as inspired to do so. Take what works for you, leave the rest. If you share anything from this blog, either verbally or in writing, please do your best to give credit where credit is due. Thank you for visiting.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Benefits of practicing yoga outdoors:
- Full spectrum light from the sun
- Fresh oxygen from the plants, trees, shrubs
- Giving carbon dioxide to the plants, trees, shrubs
- Feeling the breeze
- Hearing the song of birds
- Dragon flies landing on lifted finger tips while in yoga pose
- Acclimating to the season
- Body enveloped in soft sand
- The majority of students walk to class since they live in the neighborhood, thus it is a carbon-neutral experience for most, including me
If the temperature is under 40-45F or in case of rain we have class indoors.